June was a solid month. Although the results did not hit the target we were still able to push forward a lot of larger initiatives.
In particular the team has a few big projects that are on the go and we are pushing hard on some larger goals.
The results from this month were a little disappointing! Having been growing nicely and having a string of very solid months back-back it felt like a step backwards with the final results of this month came in. However, when I sit back and look at the overall/absolute results I really shouldn’t be disappointed… but alas human psychology is cruel and regardless of the size of the earnings the one key to satisfaction is growth.
Many projects are underway but a couple of my core businesses which can be a little cyclical had down month at the same time. I am looking forward to them bouncing back now
The Business “Divisions” For My Online Business:
- Money Site Portfolio
- AuthorityWebsiteIncome Blog
- Services – Web Development, Content Marketing & Link Building:
- Domain Finding Service (buy domains that meet my metrics)
- Done for Your Private Blog Network (let my team build you a personal PBN)
- LightningRank (get access to the most powerful PBN available!)
- Brand Builders (FBA Branded Site Creation & Affiliate Site Creation)
- Content Refined (Your in house content marketing team)
- Amazon FBA Business
- Brands 1-6 – All have specific targets for 2017
- ListingEagle – Amazon FBA Hijacking and Suppression Monitoring
- Put Outside Capital to Work Efficiently in the Online Asset Space
- Great Acquisition – Working with a very small group we have acquired a couple great FBA businesses and have a world-class manager installed/ready to grow the business! The business achieves ~40% net margins which is very rare for FBA businesses. A couple great options for acquiring FBA businesses are TheFBABroker (who we used in this case), FE International or EmpireFlippers.
- Scalable Site Growth – My site building initiative this month is having a lot of success with continually adding more and more traffic
- Unique Acquisition – A deal will close in July that started in June I will be excited to share the story behind!
- Diversification Isn’t Always Awesome – Diversification is great because it generally means that earnings/business results will not have huge swings. But… when a couple of the bigger businesses have a couple naturally down months the benefit of diversification isn’t as obvious.
- Consistency – This is the most concerning failure of the month but my lack of consistency in terms of putting out highly useful content is the biggest failure is June.
2017 Business Goals
Below is my businesses main goals for 2017…
Part 1 – Passive Authority & Niche Website Income Profit/Loss
3 Goals in 2016 for my Website Portfolio Business
- Everyone Win at the Mortgage Crushing Competition
June Update – Traffic definitely took a dip on this business as a couple very well performing posts slipped in rankings.
- Traffic = 15,071
- Earnings = $108.24
- Buy 1 Site Per Month
June Update – No new sites for my personal portfolio were purchased in June. None of the ones that came across my plate were interesting. I will have one new small/medium sized acquisition to chat about next month
- GOAL = 1 New Website Purchased
- ACTUAL = 0 New Website Purchased
If any readers are looking to sell their profitable site(s) VERY QUICKLY let me know by emailing me. I can let you know in 12hrs if I am interested and complete the purchase in 24-48hrs – Contact Me Here
I have found the right sellers are those…
- Desire a simple/efficient/non-invasive sales process (no option is easier to sell to)
- Looking to sell FAST (under 24hrs has been accomplished!) (shorter time for due diligence on my end increases risk for me)
- Not wanting to spend a lot of time on the sales process (analytics and income proof is all I need)
- SEO done to the site can be questionable and that increased risk will be reflected in the sales price
- Understand that the benefits of the bullet points above means the sales multiple will be lower than if you went a more traditional route
If you have a profitable website you are looking to sell fast please let me know
- Scalable New Site Creation Strategy adds $5k to Portfolio
June Update – Traffic has been working out extremely well with this project! Across the new sites I have grown the traffic to 55k uniques last month! This is a great sign for the project but we are SUCKING at turning that traffic into earnings. No point in having all this traffic without converting it. We will continue pushing hard to earn more from the traffic.
- Traffic – 55,210
- Earnings – $380.10
PRIMARY GOAL – OVERALL INCOME FOR WEBSITE PORTFOLIO GROW TO $15k/MONTH CONSISTENTLY
May Update – Great results on the traffic for new projects but I really need to pick things up when it comes to the earnings!
Part 2 – Authority Website Income Blog Profit/Loss
3 Goals in 2015 for AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
- Post Once Per Week
May Update – Hit my target this month which was great. In particular I was very happy to reveal the level of analysis we are putting into content marketing at ContentRefined.com and what the data there is showing! The 2 most predictive metrics that allow you to tell if a site is going to rank!
- Plan = 5
- Actual = 5
- Systematic Promotion of my Content and Building of my List
May Update – No Progress – One of the team members it is on their list.
- Increased Intelligence with Email Automation
May Update – No Progress – Need to carve out a dedicated workday to go through this!
PRIMARY GOAL – GROW TO 30k VISITORS PER MONTH
May Update – 13,760… Tons of work needed!
Part 3 – Services Business Profit/Loss
- Systems First Focus
May Update – Modified tracking system with each team members weekly scorecard having a focus on it.
- com – Quality and Efficiency Improvements
May Update – Great progress on an improved process that is showing some serious benefits already! We are excited to continue to roll this out to our sites and clients.
- com – 20k MRR by June & 40k MRR by End of Year
May Update – With a price increase at the start of this month A LOT of clients jumped on signing up for the service right at the end of the month. Overall another solid month! We are working hard on increasing the number of customer acquisition channels.
- Planned MRR = $18,000
- Actual MRR = $27,452
- io Structurally Well Setup & New Offering Launched
May Update – Achieved – The TurnKey affiliate sites ready in 24hrs are selling out in a handful of hours every time we launch!
PRIMARY GOAL – SYSTEMATIC GROWTH!
Part 4 – Amazon FBA Business
- Brand #1 – HG – Running Lean and Spinning off Cash
- May Update – Continuing to perform solid but not amazing. Lean and piling up some cash in the bank.
- Brand #2 – CF – Quarterly Dividends Ahead of Baseline
- May Update – Dividends getting paid out!
- Brand #3 – NT – Path To Strong Market Position and Successful Pillar Product
- May Update – Continuing to sell at a slow/steady rate.
- Brand #4 – CK – Systematic Growth to $20k/month Profit
- May Update – Several negative reviews have hurt the return to growth for this project but we are throwing everything we have at it.
- Brand #5 – PC – Successful launch and $5k/month Business
- May Update – Only a couple months in and sales are starting to pickup. Showing some definite signs of promise!
- Brand #6 – SE – 4X Value Expansion with Dream Team!
- May Update – At the end of last month we were days away from having this go live.
- com – Hijack and Listing Suppression Monitoring Service
- May Update – Staying flat/slightly declining business. Very little additional effort going into this but the business is well supported and appreciated by anyone who NEEDS to know if their listing has been suppressed.
Part 5 – Put Outside Capital to Work Efficiently
May Update – Expect a BIG case study on this soon
Overall Income Update
Original Monthly Net Income Target (original goal $15k/month reliable income by age 35)
- Target Net Income = $11,100
- Actual Net Income = $51,574.21
- 2017 Average Net Income = $47,590
Gross revenue is a vanity number for my business and I do not share it.
May was another fun month with the welcoming of some additional in house staff!
A few BIG issues definitely need to be worked this month including increasing my earnings per visitor for my portfolio of sites. In addition ContentRefined needs to focus on addressing getting more customers from non AuthorityWebsiteIncome audience.
Overall things definitely seem to be moving in the right direction and the problems we are working on solving go a lot further